Unforgettable Authors is a theater series that seeks to expose universal authors to locals and visitors to the city of Miami. El Ingenio produces this series annually, honoring different authors and creating an annual cultural event that will expand the city's national and international reputation as a center of cultural offerings, particularly those oriented to Latin American and Spanish-speaking audiences. The project offers a panel discussion following a free theatrical production. All events are bilingual or presented in Spanish with English subtitles.
The objectives of the project are:
1) Increase the exposure of the Latino community to universal authors.
2) Encourage the participation of young people in the dramatic arts and literature.
3) To facilitate the assimilation process of Latino immigrants while they adopt their new cultural heritage as residents of the United States of America.
4) To present high quality, avant-garde theatre productions, adapted from literary classics to instil in new generations the habit of reading.
5) Providing innovative discussion panels to educate and reach diverse audiences, and have specific social functions that promote dialogue across cultural and racial divides.
The Company El Ingenio Teatro presents the second edition of the Unforgettable Authors day, this time dedicated to the Cuban writer Carlos Felipe, one of the main renovators of the Cuban drama of the 20th century.
The event will host the premises of the Koubek Center on September 15, 2018, with free entry and the program is formed as follows:
-Opening FP7 with a photographic exhibition by Amelia Sierra and a sample of the video on the latest staging of the company: Habana Café, inspired by the most universal of the works of Carlos Felipe: Requiem by Yarini.
-Round table where the work of Carlos Felipe will be approached from different perspectives, with the presence of Jenniffer Fernández, Habey Hecheverria, Ramón Muñiz, and as moderator of the theater person and Professor Ivonne López Arenal.
-By actors of the company, dramatized reading of Havana Café starring Susana Pérez and the presence of Ivanesa Cabrera, Jorge Luis Álvarez and Ana Sobero.
And as closing of the night, a cocktail with download of boleros with load of the singer and actress Ivanesa Cabrera, accompanied by the piano by the Professor Ricardo Guerra.
We hope that this day will be a more meeting point for all lovers of good theatre in our city.